European Network to promote grazing and to support grazing-based farms on their economic and ecologic performances as well as on animal welfare
Period:September 2022- February 2026
Program / Financer:
- Grünlandzentrum e.V.
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- TEAGASC – Agriculture and Food Development Authority
- Goldcrop Limited
- Centro di Sperimentazione Laimburg
- Genossenschaft Bioland Südtirol landw. Ges.
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
- Chambre régionale d´Agriculture de Bretagne
- Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
- Institut de L´Elevage
- Sveriges Lantbruksuniversitet
- Svenska Vallföreningen
- Universidade de Evora
- Stichting Aeres Groep
- Zuidelijke land- en tuinbouworganisatie Vereniging
- Universitatea de Stiinte Agricole si Medicina Veterinara Cluj-Napoca
- Asociaţia Clusterul Agro-Food-Ind Napoca
Countries where activities are carried out:
General project objective:
The project will support farmers in implementing grazing-based systems as a good practice for the environment, animals and people, in order to produce healthier food with a reduced impact on natural resources. Grazing4AgroEcology will have a combined approach based on collaboration and knowledge exchange. The initiative will actively involve relevant actors from farmers to industry, education, researchers, advisors, the general public, etc. This will improve the absorption of innovation capital and significantly contribute to improving the transferability of best practices and innovations.
- involvement in project management activities;
- involvement in project implementation activities such as:
- creating a network of partner farmers and young farmers;
- supporting farmers in adopting new solutions or innovative practices;
- involvement in creating partnerships with publishers in the field of grazing and organic farming.